Snow Globe Card Tutorial
I finally used my Still Scenes Stamps & Snow Globe Dies. I think I was a little intimidated by the Snow Globe Cards, thinking that they were difficult to create. Turns out they are incredibly easy after all!!
SU (Stampin Up) Soft Seaspray Cardstock Card Base – 5 ½ x 8 ½. Scored at 4 ¼ #150883
SU Whisper White Cardstock for the Front – 5 ¼ x 4
SU Whisper White Cardstock for the Inside – 5 x 3 ¾
SU Whisper White Cardstock for the piece behind the decorative silver snow globe base
SU Silver Foil for the decorative snow globe base
SU Snowflake Splendor DSP – 5 x 3 ¾ #153512 (on sale until Saturday)
Light Blue Sparkle Paper for Trees (any brand will do)
White Sparkle Paper for Deer (any brand will do)
White Ribbon for Bow (any ribbon will do)
SU Seaside Spray Ink Pad #150085
SU Retired Stamp Set Beautiful Blizzard – I used the snowflakes for the envelope
SU Snow Globe Shaker Domes – they come 10 in a package. #150442
Still Scenes Stamps #150503
Quantity: 6 cling stamps Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, c, d, h
Snow Globe Scenes Dies #150655
* 10 dies * Largest die: 2-1/2" x 2-1/4” * Use with a die-cutting and embossing machine
1. Stamp a Christmas Greeting on the 5 x 3 ¾ piece of white cardstock and adhere it to the inside right panel of the card. (Portrait not Landscape).
2. Adhere the 5 ¼ x 4” piece of white cardstock to the front of the card.
3. Using the Snow Globe Dies & your die cutting machine – die cut the deer, trees, white piece & silver piece of the snow globe base. Set them aside.
4. Position the DSP equally centered on the front of the white cardstock that is on the front of your card. DO NOT ADHERE IT.
5. Place the snow globe die where you would like it to be. Remember to leave some room at the top and a little more room at the bottom.
6. Once you have the snow globe die where you want it on the DSP, use Post It Tape to tape it in place. Then die cut it.
7. Your DSP now has a die-cut snow globe shape in it and you will use it as a guide to place the trees & the deer.
8. Lay the DSP on the front and position the trees & the deer where you want them. I used tape runner for the trees & dimensionals for the deer.
9. Sprinkle some sequins, sparkle dust or whatever you want to add to the dome. Don’t use too much.
10. Lift the DSP off the front and adhere the snow globe to your scene. The snow globes have tape on the front and the back & when the tape is lifted off there is glue. Lift the tape off the back of the snow globe & place it on your scene. Use a bone folder to press it down securely.
11. Next, lift the tape off the front of the snow globe.
12. Put glue or tape runner on the back of the DSP & place it over the snow globe securely.
13. Adhere the silver decorative snow globe base to the white snow globe base.
14. Then, using dimensionals, adhere at the bottom of the snow globe.
15. Place the bow on the base of the snow globe.
I know there are a LOT of instructions – so I have included a link to a Stampin' Up! how-to video for snow globes. See below….